Combining Sonance 8.1 outdoor with Sonos indoor wireless speakers and control together

• 19 August 2023
  • 3 replies

We are remolding a house we will move into and we just finished our outdoor pool and looking at getting the Sonance 8.1 outdoor system and then also have Sonos bluetooth speakers in various rooms inside.  I would like to have all this on the same Sonos App where I can control it all together, or use different music in different areas.  And then I’ll combine the app to Google home to control it with voice.  I have searched for hours for this answer.  Hoping someone can help me out so I buy the right products!  Thank you in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Would that be the Sonance 8 be driven by a Sonos Amp? Have you checked it can be?

If it can be, the Amp can be commanded by the Sonos app. Would you want to use the Sonos Move or Roam (meant as portable speakers) or the bluetooth capable Era 100 or 300 (meant for stationary use)? Because these last speakers are not Google Assistant capable, unless they are commanded through a Google Nest Mini, I believe. Other users maybe able to shed more light on this. You only group Sonos speakers from the Sonos app, though.

Would that be the Sonance 8 be driven by a Sonos Amp? Have you checked it can be?

If it can be, the Amp can be commanded by the Sonos app. Would you want to use the Sonos Move or Roam (meant as portable speakers) or the bluetooth capable Era 100 or 300 (meant for stationary use)? Because these last speakers are not Google Assistant capable, unless they are commanded through a Google Nest Mini, I believe. Other users maybe able to shed more light on this. You only group Sonos speakers from the Sonos app, though.

The Sonance 8.1 system comes with a dedicated amplifier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Closing as a duplicate of