Choosing the right product

• 3 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’m new in this comunity, and I joined before purchasing any Sonos product. If possible, could you please help me in choosing the best solution?

I’m searching for a product that could give me the possibility to both listen to music from cd player and other devices, and also from itunes and apps; besides, I’d like to have some wireless speakers in other rooms apart from the one where the devices are placed. it is better a solution with One or Five speakers, or with the Port solution? In this last case, it is possible to associate to the Port some One speakers ot extend the signal to other rooms? With the Five is it possibile to connect a cd player or similar?

How many speakers could be connected similtaneously?

For a 30 mq room what is the best solution between a Five and a set of 2 One speakers?

Additionally: the One and Five speakers could be associated also (and simultaneously) with a Beam soudbar to have an improved home theater effect?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Nicola

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

A SONOS system can include up to 32 units. The system is organized as a series of Rooms. A ‘Room’ can be a single speaker, a ‘Bonded’ stereo pair of speakers (pair of ONE’s, or FIVE’s -- two units), or a surround Room (a bar, surrounds, and SUB’s) A surround Room could contain up to five units of the 32.

Some units offer an analog ‘Line-In.’ This is where you can attach a CD player, turntable, or similar. Line-In can simultaneously play in any combination of Rooms. PORT offers Line-In and ‘Line-Out’(Analog output) that you could connect as the input to a conventional power amplifier or as the input to a conventional receiver. PORT can be connected to a conventional system as one would connect a cassette deck. PORT is a Room.

Yes, a pair of ONE’s or FIVE’s can be Bonded to BEAM as surrounds -- along with SUB’s.

FIVE offers more aggressive bass than ONE. It’s personal preference as to which is ‘better’ -- a single FIVE or a stereo pair of ONE’s. As a generality, larger speakers will better handle larger rooms. You can also Bond two FIVE’s as a stereo pair.