Answered

Check Serial Number

• 24 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m going to buy a second hand product.

Is there a way to check the device Serial Number?

Here the S/N: [removed]

Thanks

icon

Best answer by James L. 27 April 2022, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Check for what? 

To the best of my knowledge, Sonos has no interface by which anything can be referenced by a serial number. 

Badge

I would like to know if it’s a trusted product and if it was a beta device given by Sonos for testing purposes.

I think I’ve seen one beta device in the last 10 years pictured on the forum, the label on the bottom of the speaker where the serial number was had a clear labeling that indicated it was a beta device. 

I’m not sure what a ‘trusted device’ really means, but if it uses the same software as your other Sonos devices, it should be fine. In your case, you might want to ask the seller to show a screen cap of their system with the device showing. 

Usually, the item most people tend to be interested in is whether or not the device has been ‘consumed’  in order to get an newer device….which again, there is no current way to get that data from Sonos. It can be seen from their Sonos account information, but you would need to assume that the seller is supplying a current screen cap.

Sonos tends not to get involved in the resale market, usually the website through which the sale occurs has a guaranty of some type. 

Badge

Like I’ve written in the first post, the device is a second hand speaker, so I was trying to understand why the seller is selling the device at a low price.

Anyway thanks for the info 

Like I’ve written in the first post, the device is a second hand speaker, so I was trying to understand why the seller is selling the device at a low price.

Anyway thanks for the info 

For peace of mind, you can always take a look at Sonos’ own refurbished products, as they are discounted and come with the usual Sonos warranty and returns policy - see this link:

https://www.sonos.com/it-it/shop/certified-refurbished

Badge +17

Hi @riccardoch,

I can confirm that the product is not a Beta device and is a genuine Sonos Five.

If you do end up purchasing it, I hope you enjoy it!

Badge

Hi @riccardoch,

I can confirm that the product is not a Beta device and is a genuine Sonos Five.

If you do end up purchasing it, I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you so much! Purchase completed! I’m enjoying my new speaker!