Question

Cheaper non-Sonos sub for a pair of Play:1?

• 15 December 2016
  • 7 replies

This topic must have been discussed earlier, but I can't find it.

Is it possible to add a non-Sonos sub to a pair of Play:1? The price of the Sonos sub is four times higher than a Play:1 here in Sweden, so is there any cheaper alternative?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

No. The only Sonos player that can be used with a third party sub is the Connect:Amp.
4x play one price is about what I pay here, not that this should make you feel better. It will however make your p1 pair sound magical.
So there's no third party sub or Connect:Amp available?
So there's no third party sub or Connect:Amp available?
The Connect:Amp isn't relevant to your situation. The point @jgatie was making is that you can use a third party sub with the Connect:Amp, but not with other Sonos players. But then you would have to buy the Connect:Amp, a pair of third party passive speakers and a third party sub.
As the other replies have stated, the only Sub that works with the Play:1 is the Sonos Sub. There is simply no way for the Sonos system to connect to any other sub or manage the sound between the speakers.
As @Insertusernamehere implies, it's a lot of money but it makes a big difference.
I don’t know why Sonos hasn’t brought out a cheaper sub....$500 for two play ones and then $899 for a sub won’t happen will turn people away....suggested it ...Sonos said not in the cards.....
Those aren't US prices, are they?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Postie's profile shows Canada.

I'm resisting paying the US $699 for a Sub myself.