Question

Cd player music through Sonos One gen. 2. What do i need?

• 31 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have 2 Sonos One gen.2 speakers and want to connect my CD player.

What do i need to do that?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Perege.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you wanted to connect a  cd player to your Sonos ecosystem. Let me help you out with that.

What you would need is either a Sonos FiveA Sonos Port, or a Sonos Amp. These Sonos devices have a line-in port feature that would allow you to integrate your turntable into your Sonos system. Let me share with you a topic here in the community that discussed more details about integrating a turntable to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

You can do all the above suggested, that are ways to allow obsolete tech to be played via your speakers.

Or, you can take advantage of what Sonos is designed to do, wirelessly playing CDs ripped and transferred to a computer. Ideally, instead of a computer that would then need to be in the music play loop, the ripped CD files would be on a network attached server - NAS - that would not just do away with the bulk of the CD player and CDs, but offer ways to play them more conveniently using features like playlists.