Skip to main content

Buying the headphones?

• 20 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I was determined to buy the Sonos headphones as soon as they were released. Now I'm hesitant, to put it mildly… My trust in Sonos has diminished considerably after the debacle of the ‘new app’ that removed much of the functionality I'm depending on.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I was determined to buy the Sonos headphones as soon as they were released. Now I'm hesitant, to put it mildly… My trust in Sonos has diminished considerably after the debacle of the ‘new app’ that removed much of the functionality I'm depending on.

That makes sense.  I am waiting to get details of what the headphones can do before making a decision.  Rumors are not always accurate and haven’t really given us all the answers anyway.

I am less concerned about the app issues as I don’t really use the features that aren’t working/available  right now.  Sonos does put a lot of thought into the setup experience (I know issues do still happen) so I expect that to be pretty good.   There should be some product reviews in the media, and I trust many of them to be fair. that should give a good indication of whether the product works well or not.  If reviews aren’t good, or there are no product reviews, then I doubt I will be buying headphones any time soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I was strongly anticipating the headphones reveal.

Now after the new app fiasco and especially their PR and community response to it, I can’t imagine ever being interested again.