Answered

Buy a Sub Mini, or upgrade Beam gen1 to gen2?

• 2 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I currently have my LG Oled C8 connected via eArc to a Beam Gen1, with 2 Sono One’s at the rear. 

What would be the best upgrade path for me? Adding a Sonos Sub Mini, or upgrading the Gen1 Beam to a Gen2?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 October 2022, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

That depends on what you want. Do you want Atmos or richer bass, mids and treble?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Depends on what you want to achieve. Better bass or the possibility for Dolby Atmos?

My personal choice would be to add the Sub-Mini. I prefer the much improved Bass tones compared to hearing what would be pseudo height channel audio available on some audio sources.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The Beam gen 2 (is an awesome soundbar, but) is not a huge leap over the gen 1. The dialogue is better, but I didn’t have an issue with gen 1. I wanted the Beam Gen 2 for atmos music, and it does a nice job at that. The most excitement I got from replacing the gen 1 with gen 2 was that I could move the gen 1 to the master bedroom. I now have the arc and moved the gen 2 to the master. The most noticeable short term upgrade with a “wow” effect would probably be the sub mini. It should really add some depth to the beam. The nice thing is that you can eventually upgrade the beam gen 1. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with whichever choice you make.