Business speakers

• 20 November 2023
  • 7 replies

I am needing to find Bluetooth speakers that can be placed in 6 individual rooms, but all connect to a main speaker. Any recommendations from Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Why do they need to be bluetooth?  Sonos speakers communicate via WiFi, but many do have bluetooth capabilities.  The right speaker depends on your specific needs...the size of the rooms and your budget.

Is this for a business?

Not necessarily Bluetooth. Just need something that will work. Yes it is for a business 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

You can pick up the Sonos 1 at good discounts if you need to keep costs down but as the other reply alluded you need to make sure you have reliable wifi in all the locations you wish to put the speakers in statically . These  are the smallest speakers in the range of acceptable quality and volume .  era 100 are replacements for the Sonos 1 and better if you have budgets for them and does have updated Bluetooth functions to enable fast connections .  

You just assign locations for each of the speakers and  group them all up if you want them functioning simultaneously. 

Note, there is no ‘Sonos 1’  device out there. I think the previous poster means the Sonos One, or perhaps the Sonos One SL (without a microphone that can be used for voice control). 

Note that Sonos doesn’t make ‘computer’ speakers, nor do they connect to any conference software, such as Zoom, Google Meet, or any of the various similar programs. 

There’s also no real ability to use them as PA (public announcement) speakers. 

What’s the intent? Just to play music, they’re spectacular. As soon as you’re trying to do other things, there’s extra considerations involved. 

I am just looking to play music throughout the place. It is setup as a studio with 6 individual rooms and needing a speaker in each room playing the same music.

I am just looking to play music throughout the place. It is setup as a studio with 6 individual rooms and needing a speaker in each room playing the same music.

Any Sonos speakers can do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d be really tempted to get One SL speakers, they are a good price and include built-in wired networking just in case your space gets too electrically noisy to support wireless operation.

Era 100s would work too and they have an optional Ethernet connection if you find you need it later.