Answered

Building an audio system 6.1

Hi, my name is David from Israel. I need help assembling a perfect audio system

I have a ceiling lowering and I want to put ceiling speakers

I have room for 4 speakers in the ceiling

And there are 2 more places for speakers for wall installation

I wanted to know if you have your own set that can be put together to work perfectly with the TV?

Or any other idea that can help me?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 April 2021, 18:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Sonos doesn’t have a setup that allows for 6.1 as a audio/video system. The best they can offer is a 5.2.2 system, using the Arc as the front three and 2 “atmos” speakers.

You’d probably be better in your situation using a standard A/V receiver of some type, which could drive all of those speakers properly for you.  

Userlevel 7

To add to what @Airgetlam wrote, if you want to do a strictly in-wall/in-ceiling speaker setup with Sonos, the best you can do is a 4.2 setup with two front channel speakers powered by a Sonos Amp, two rear surround speakers powered by another Sonos Amp, and two Sonos Subs. And this setup is limited to Dolby Digital audio whereas the 5.2.2 system mentioned above is compatible with Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM.

How can i set up 5.2.2 ? 

With ceiling speakers

And maybe arc ?

Userlevel 7

The only Sonos option for a 5.2.2 setup with in-ceiling speakers is:

- Sonos Arc

- 2 Sonos Subs

- 2 in-ceiling rear surround speakers powered by a Sonos Amp

And all i can connect to tv ? 

And it's work perfectly ?    

Ceiling speakers are generally frowned upon for a true Home Theater setup, since they’re above the head, rather in the same plane as the ears. 

That being said, a Sonos 5.2.2 system consists of the Sonos Arc, two subwoofers, and a Sonos Amp to drive the pair of surround speakers. In many setups, the surrounds are Sonos devices, rather than the Amp, but either works. 

Userlevel 7

Yes, the Sonos Arc connects to your TV’s HDMI ARC or eARC port. The two Subs and Amp/in-ceiling speakers will connect to the Arc wirelessly.

I’m not sure what your definition of “perfect” is, so I can’t really answer that question. But I can tell you that if you want to take full advantage of the Arc’s audio capabilities, your TV needs to be equipped with HDMI eARC or you need to get the HDFury Arcana.

What model TV do you have? Are you using any external media devices or do you primarily use the TV’s native streaming apps?

My TV has an HDMI earc port and I use both an external streamer and the TV apps 

Perfect I meant if the volume control can be through the TV? 

Userlevel 7

Yes, you will be able to control the Arc’s volume using the TV’s remote and volume control.

Thank you very much friends you helped me a lot