best system set up for long through room

• 20 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi

im looking for recommendations for best most suitable Sonos set up for our morning room which runs into the galley kitchen

the Morning Room is 12ft x 12ft and the kitchen is 17ft x 9ft. At the moment I just listen to music and radio on a 2nd gen play 5. We are putting a tv in the morning room and I’d like stereo sound, I’d also like the option of having a speaker at the far kitchen end for when I just want music or radio in the kitchen. It’s rare that the music is played at any great volume, just want the quality

therefore thinking of Sonos Beam with Alexa under the tv, poss 2 x SL Ones in the morning room and then 1 x SL One at the far end of the kitchen, and then sell the play 5. I gave an arc in my living room but don’t want to spend that much on the set up for these two rooms.

any thoughts/ suggestions for the best system for this room combination 

thanks

dave

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

A Beam would be a good option for the TV in the Morning Room. Rather than adding the two One SLs as surrounds, you could consider adding a Sub especially since you seem to listen to a lot of music.

You should also consider keeping the Play:5 for the kitchen just because music sounds fantastic on the Play:5. But if you have limited space in the kitchen, a One SL or even a Move would be good options too. The Move would give you the added benefit of portability.