Best Speakers for the Job

• 22 November 2022
  • 5 replies

I like my music loud. (Old School)

I have the Beam connected to my TV and my wireless Sonos sub connected to the beam.

I have a Marantz receiver and a Sony Turntable connected to Klisch bookshelf speakers.

I was thinking of adding some Sonos speakers to the system, are there any Sonos Speakers that will play well and loud? If so, I guess I’ll have to add the Port to the system to play them. 

I’m looking for recommendations please!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Yes, I’d say all the Sonos speakers play well and loud.  The right speaker really depends on the size of the room, whether or not you want to add a Sub for bass, portability, and budget.

I’m guessing the Fives is really what would fit you best, especially size it has an aux input, eliminating the need for a Port.  You could add a sub or sub mini with that for more bass.  I would recommend the mini, as it is a little more purpose built for music.  And if you don’t think it’s enough, you can switch your mini and full subs.

Please be aware that getting these Fives woud be a separate Sonos room.  You could setup the Fives as surrounds, but that doesn’t sound like what you’re going for.

Thank you for your reply.

I added the Sonos Sub over the weekend. Works great.

The room is roughly 12 x15, but opens up to the rest of the lower floor.

I am hoping that I can use these in place of my bookshelf speakers or in addition.

How do I add these to the receiver as well as my tv? Before I got the Beam I was able to switch between the TV and the receiver.

“Loud” is subjective. Can your BEAM play “loud”? Klipsch speakers have a characteristic sound. Only you know if this is good or bad, but I don’t think that a Klipsch fan will feel that SONOS speakers can get “loud”.

Yes, you could use PORT to connect your SONOS system to the receiver, however, this will not likely perform well on your environment if it is possible to simultaneously hear BEAM and the Klipsch speakers because there are delays inherent in SONOS audio distribution.

Buzz,

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking I would connect the sub via port and perhaps 2 other Sonos speakers via port. I might not use the beam when jamming music. Is that still going to be an issue?

PORT does not support SONOS subwoofers. If you attempt to use PORT with a 3rd party active subwoofer, you will almost certainly stumble into some vexing latency issues.

Here is a list of SONOS products supporting SONOS SUB’s.