Best soundbar/sub combo

• 11 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I am looking at adding a soundbar for my living room (approx 12 ft x 20 ft open on one end) and am debating between Arc plus Sub Mini or Beam plus Sub.  I realize that the Arc plus Sub is the best option but have read reviews stating that the Sub Mimi is adequate given the Arc added bass response and ofcourse looking to save some dollars. Leaning toward the Arc for the better Atmos.  Thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I use an Arc + Sub + Era 300s setup in a 13 x 19 ft room and it sounds great. If I were you, I would go with the Arc + Sub. A 12 x 20 room needs the larger Sub.

Userlevel 7

Hi

The Arc will definitely offer the better experience for Dolby Atmos.

Click the link for Sonos recommended sound bar pairings with the Sub-Mini

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sub-mini

Considering that the area you want to cover is actually more than 12ft x 20ft; as the Sub-Mini can’t recognize where the open end ends, I’d go with the Sub-G3. You may be able to find a deal on eBay for Sub G2 for less money. I checked Sonos Certified Refurbished @ $699 but they’re currently out of stock.

However, If budget prohibits the Sub G3 placing the Sub-Mini in your space to get the best response may be well worth considering. Even with the larger sub placement is key to get the best response. 

The only way to know for sure which will satisfy your needs is to do an A/B comparison. However, that would require getting both subs. In the US Sonos offers a 45 day return policy with free return shipping.