best sonos and projector combination

• 24 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi what is the best media player for Sonos home theater and projector, does Apple TV airplay audio to Sonos and connect hdmi to projector?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Raletaka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted your Sonos to work with your projector. Allow me to share with you some information to help out.

I would like to set your expectation, connecting Sonos to a projector is not a recommended set up. Sonos home theater speakers such as the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam, Amp, and Arc were designed to be connected directly to a TV. However, We can always reach out to other members of the community to see if they have any opinion or recommendations on this. There might be other members of the community who may have the same setup as you and for them, the setup might be working.

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check their recommendations and feedback. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

Hi Paul, thank you, I figured out that Apple TV is the best option, may not work for all the channels in the world but it works perfectly fine for channels I watch. I connected Apple TV video to the projector using HDMI and audio is set up to the Sonos audio group in the Apple TV settings.

thank you again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Raletaka.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I'm glad that it worked out for your setup. This is the main reason why Sonos do not recommend connecting our Sonos Home theater speakers directly to a projector as it may or may not work. However, it worked in your situation. Congratulations and I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have any other issues or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,