Best setup for turntable

• 22 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello to everybody,

I’m interested in adding a turntable in my existing Sonos setup.

Currently I have Arc + Sub + 2xOne in my living room.

Due to space constrains I will put the turntable in my bedroom in which I don’t have any speaker or stereo system.

With this in mind, I’m still a bit confused if I need to go with a port or a sonos 5.

Taking into account that, primarely, I want something to stream the vinyl in my living room, I think the port should be the best option, but if I will go with the Five, I will be able to add also a good speaker in the bedroom

Which will be the best solution in your opinion? Please add the reason of your answer.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The less expensive option is the Port, the best option would be the Five, as it would give you more versatility. Can you justify the extra expense for the added versatility? I would always go for the extra versatility.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

As the Five isn’t a lot more expensive than the Port, I would go for a Five. This will give you the benefit of a top quality Sonos speaker in your bedroom and the ability to play the turntable output through the rest of your Sonos system. Just make sure whatever turntable you add either has a built in pre-amp or an external pre-amp to provide the required line in level signal for the Five. (A Port would also require the same line in level signal)