Best hi-res streaming services

• 24 December 2021
  • 26 replies

Hi all,

I’m currently setting up my Sonos system and would appreciate your views on the best streaming apps to use.

My understanding is that if you want 24-bit streaming, the options are Amazon Music Unlimited Ultra HD and Qobuz. Other services like tidal offer lossless 16-bit (CD quality).

Any suggestions as to what’s the best route, including whether I’ll even be able to tell the difference between 24-bit/16-bit lossless/standard streaming?

Many thanks,

Justin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks, @Kumar.  I am in the US so the Alexa works fine on the Sonos speakers here.  I’ll take a look at my friend’s Echo speakers but frankly I don’t want to become her tech support if its a issue that keeps happening.  She’s a lawyer so she can afford to buy whatever she wants and if it makes my lifer easier I am happy to spend her money. LOL  

Hardwiring is not going to be an option with her but I may suggest she upgrade her wifi network to a mesh network like Eero too to make that more foolproof.  I consider my own Eero network to be one of the best tech decisions Ive ever made. It makes managing my household’s internet needs so much easier and I never ever have to think about it.