Question

beolab 6000 to sonos

• 29 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I am new to sonos but before I buy I wanted to understand if I can connect some oldish Beolab 6000 speakers in to the sonos setup and if it is possible what do I need to purchase?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Those Beolabs are powered speakers and have an RCA input for use with non-B&O equipment. The Sonos Connect would be the unit you need. Connect the RCA line-outs on the Connect to the RCA line-ins on the Beolabs, switch the units to Line, and you should be all set.

Note: You are going to need separate single RCA to RCA cables, because you need one cable to each speaker. The cable that comes included with the connect will not do.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I also have a Beosound 3200 is it possible to link this in also?
Not directly. Those units communicate via Beolink cables. You could connect to this to the speakers directly, but then you would have to manually switch between line in and Beolink when you want to listen to each one. Some companies make Beolink to RCA adapters, which would let you play the Beolab into the line-in on the Connect. But I'm out of my depth with those.