Beam with Sub and Surround or Arc with Surround but no SUB?

• 21 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi I need some advice,

I have a Sonos Beam with two symfonisk as Surround (a 5.0 system). Should I upgrade with a SUB to get a 5.1 system or should a buy a Sonos Arc to get Dolby atoms but with no SUB?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

What kind of TV do you have? What do you primarily watch? Do you watch Blu-rays or UHD discs?

I have a Samsung Q80T Tv and I mainly use my Apple TV to watch different streaming services like Disney+

Userlevel 7

That’s a tough choice... but if you have an Apple TV 4K, and since your TV is equipped with eARC, I would upgrade to the Arc. Then start saving up to add the Sub later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since you already have the Beam I’d get the Sub first, then look at getting the Arc once you have more Atmos media to watch.

I’m not real impressed with Atmos but have minimal (a few hours) experience with it. We got the Arc as our room was a bit too big for the Beam to fill well, not for the new features.

Okey, my room is about 3.5m(11 feet) x 6m(20 feet). Would you say that too big or small for beam or arc?

Userlevel 7

Okey, my room is about 3.5m(11 feet) x 6m(20 feet). Would you say that too big or small for beam or arc?

The Arc or Beam will work just fine in a room that size. If your TV is 50” or larger, go with the Arc.

My Tv is a 49” so should I get a SUB then? instead of arc?

Userlevel 7

My Tv is a 49” so should I get a SUB then? instead of arc?

For all the reasons stated above, I would still go with the Arc.