beam + sub vs. Arc alone

• 25 May 2020
  • 7 replies

I have a beam and two one SL’s as surrounds. I  want to upgrade and either get a sub to compliment my beam or sell the beam and get the arc. Lower level of my house. Room is 20x15 Can’t decide! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Since no one owns an Arc yet, it’s a bit hard to compare. 

Yes. Understood. Hopefully some people will have some units soon and weigh in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Beam with sub makes a great combination

An Arc and Sub I’m sure will be better

But an Arc and no sub vs. a Beam and Sub - may be a competition (as Airgetlam says we have no idea yet).

Thanks Chris. If they are even somewhat comparable I think I would rather have the minimalism of the arc and have the option to add a sub in the future. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I have the Beam + Sub combo and think its brilliant and I dont care how good the Arc is I will be pairing it with the Sub. That's if I think its a significant upgrade over the Beam. I may take some convincing on that point.

Havn't seen one in store yet so will wait a bit and see what others think.

I went ahead and purchased the sub when the gen 2 was on sale so I was able to experience that for a couple weeks.  I then returned it and purchased the arc.  The bass is not rocking the floor, but it is good.  The arc has such great sound though that I prefer the arc by itself to the beam and the sub for 98% of what I am listening to (mostly TV and movies, not music) There are definitely times that I miss feeling the bass, but I feel like I choose to have the best for 98% instead of the amazement of the 2%.  Others will differ but I am happy.

Has anyone else moved to an ARC over the past few weeks, I’m considering either pairing a sub with my Beam or getting Arc standalone?

I have medium sized living room 6m x 5m and have previously had samsung bar and sub combo,