Beam plus sorround speakers

• 25 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi I am buying a sonos beam now in the balck friday for a small living room. I would like to know your opinion if it worth it to buyl 2 rear/sorround speakers to enhace the sound? The living room is small so not need to have that many speakers in there unless the experience is much better (beam plus two one). Do you believe that the sound quality and lisining experience imrpove a lot when adding to speakers to the beam to justify the extra cost in a small living room?

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I too have a small living room.  However recently I bought a pair of Ikea symfonisk bookeshelf speakers to add to my Playbase and I have been very impressed with the difference it makes to all programs even those not encoded as surround .  There is the odd program that can cause the surrounds to be too prominent so you need to familiar yourself with the location of the settings button to disable the surrounds. 

Otherwise i can heartily recommend them, and no need to high end speakers as surrounds.  The ikea speakers work really well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

In my opinion this is a budget question.  The Beam on it’s own is fine for a small living room but you will notice the surround speakers as it produces a more encompassing sound when listening to a 5.1 signal.  So if you can afford them, I’d recommend the surround speakers as well.