Answered

BEAM + FIVE or 2x ERA 100

• 26 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a beam set up in a living area.  While it is fine for TV watching I want to improve my hi fi audio experience.  Would it be better to add a single Five or two Era 100s....I'm thinking that the two Era 100s might give better stereo definition...I don't have the space (or Money for 2 FIVES

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 26 February 2024, 11:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Five is going to sound very good but I’d also lean to the pair of Era 100s as they aren’t bad at all and you’d get more stereo imaging from them.

You could also group the Beam and Eras for louder sound if the stereo image wasn’t important, like for a party.

Maybe add a mini-Sub at some point too, but then you’d want a second for your Beam once you heard it. I saw something about a 30% sale until the end of the month and that would tempt me to go for this set. Ignore the name as it will work just fine as a stereo pair and sub.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/home-theater-completion-set-sub-mini-era-100-pair

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

For music, a good stereo pair of speakers will usually be better than a single-enclosure stereo unit. If you aspire to a second Five, start with just one and add asap. otherwise the Era pair. 

The other possibility is an Era300 which is supposed to create a much wider soundstage from a single unit. I just ordered mine so will have a better experience of the 300’s soon, when mine arrive… but maybe someone with a 300 can comment on this option?

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately there is no bargain available to us at the Australian Sonos site

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately there is no bargain available to us at the Australian Sonos site

If you log into your Sonos account online and check under Upgrade. The 30% limited offer is in relation to the upgrade programme.

Mr T I owe you mate.   Followed your advice and got my 30% off.  Unfortunately the 30% discount doesn’t apply to sets, but I used 2 upgrade credits and bought 2x ERA 100s and saved myself $250

Very happy with this forum

Cheers

Userlevel 7

Mr T I owe you mate.   Followed your advice and got my 30% off.  Unfortunately the 30% discount doesn’t apply to sets, but I used 2 upgrade credits and bought 2x ERA 100s and saved myself $250

You’re welcome, although I’m unsure why you say the upgrade credit doesn’t apply to sets as it is possible to use on them.

One upgrade credit applies to one item in the basket, with a set counting as one item.