Question

Beam compatibility with TV and FIOS remote

• 15 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I had a SONOS home theatre bundle in the family room since 2018. We just did some remodeling and moved the SONOS PlayBar (PBAR1US1) and subwoofer to our game room, and now need to replace the FR soundbar. 

Our TV is a Sony XBR75X900F. Our cable provider and wi-fi modem is Verizon FIOS, and pretty much everything is controlled through our FIOS remote (see below). We also have a ROKU box.

Questions:

Should I replace the soundbar with the Beam?

Will it be compatible with the SONY TV?

Will I be able to control the audio with the FIOS remote or will I need to get yet another controller?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @djdarrel

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your interest in having a Sonos Beam, I’d be glad to help.

While most TVs are compatible with Sonos home theater speakers, some may need additional configuration or may not work with Sonos. This article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV. During the initial setup of your Sonos home theater product, the Sonos app will guide you through configuring your TV remote to control the Sonos volume.

Note: Only one remote can be programmed to control the Sonos home theater speaker at a time. A home theater product using CEC does not need to perform remote control setup if CEC is working properly.

This will still be best answered by those who are using exactly the same type of devices, and hopefully, someone who does will stop by and be able to help you. Some of the community members might provide their own opinion about this as well.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.