Question

B&O Beolab 18

• 12 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi folks. I am new to Sonos and want to expand my system around the house. I have just bought a new Sonos 5. I have a set of B&O  Beolab 18 speakers. I would like to connect these wirelessly to my new Sonos set up. 

Can the Sonos Connect work wirelessly? Or what would I need? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Can you provide a link to the Beolab 18 speaker system, please? Hard to answer your question without knowing if that system has an analog input on it.

Can you provide a link to the Beolab 18 speaker system, please? Hard to answer your question without knowing if that system has an analog input on it.

Hi. It has these connections.

Wireless Connect

Wireless Power Link BeoVision Avant BeoVision 11 BeoLab Transmitter 1 And any WiSA-compliant TV or receiver

Connections

2 x Power Link (RJ45) 1 x RCA (L/R) 1 x TOSLINK In: Sample rate 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 96k/PCM16-24 bit Out: Sample rate 48k/PCM 24 bit

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/beolab-18

Sonos Port.  Connect via RCA.

Sonos Port.  Connect via RCA.

Thanks but I just actually realised they work together through Apple Air Play 2 from my phone! No hardware needed, no delay in sound and high quality sound on both 👌

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

[[ For future search-ers, note that Beolab 18’s do *not* (as of this writing) have AirPlay2 built in.  The original author writing the response above must also have had a Beosound Core in his overall setup.  (Or maybe a Beosound Essence Mk.2, or an old AirPort Express already hooked up to the BeoLab 18 RCA jacks.) ]]