Answered

Atmos HT setup plus turntable plus multiroom - ARC + AMP?

• 9 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I want to setup an Atmos home theater (replacing existing setup). But I also have a stereo set of speakers in the kitchen ceiling. I’d like to be able to use these as either/or or simultaneous - for TV and music streaming. To complicate it a bit, I also have an analog turntable that I would like to have multiroom functionality as well.
If I use an ARC+SL1s+Sub for HT and add a single AMP to both drive the kitchen speakers AND power the turntable, will that work? 
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 December 2022, 07:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this setup will work. You can connect the turntable to the Amp. If your turntable doesn’t have a built-in phono preamp, you will need to add one in between the turntable and Amp.

When you want to use the kitchen speakers with the Arc setup, you simply group the Amp with the Arc setup in the Sonos app. When playing TV audio, you may experience a slight audio delay from the kitchen speakers, but it may not be noticeable if the kitchen is far away from the Arc. Streaming music will be in sync though.

deleted - misread OP's plans.