Arc standalone or 5.0 Surround Set

• 3 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I was hoping I could have some recommendations for a Sonos set up for our living room. We have a 55” TV in the corner of the 15’ square room with the sofa on the wall opposite.

My options are either an Arc on its own, or the 5.0 Surround Set with the Beam and One SL pair.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks :relaxed:

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If your TV was more centrally positioned on the wall, I would recommend the Arc. But because the Arc uses side-firing speakers that reflect sound off of the side walls to produce the surround channels, I think your current setup with an Arc would result in the audio sounding too off balanced in your room. I would go with the Beam and One SLs.

If your TV was more centrally positioned on the wall, I would recommend the Arc. But because the Arc uses side-firing speakers that reflect sound off of the side walls to produce the surround channels, I think your current setup would make the audio sound too off balanced in your room. I would go with the Beam and One SLs.

Thank you. So if I were to move the unit to the middle of the wall, the Arc would be the better option? I'd prefer the Arc on its own due if possible due to a lack of sockets on the sofa side of the room, or would the door (which is normally open) to the top left of the image affect the balance too? 

Userlevel 7

If you can move the TV to the center of the wall and you lack sockets by your sofa, go with the Arc, and if possible, add a Sub. The open door shouldn’t cause much of an issue with the balance.