Question

Arc setup

• 24 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I have (2) play 5 gen 2 and a sub gen 2 as a stereo pair. If I add a new arc what is the functionality of the system? Will I still have a dedicated stereo and acr function wit sub as home theatre?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Slowhand515.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out.

I would like to confirm that all of them will work together only on the S2 Sonos app. The Sonso Arc is not compatible with the Sonos S1 app. 

The first thing we need to do is to make sure that all of the Sonos devices are upgraded from the Sonos S1 app to the Sonos S2 App.

Here’s the link where to download the Sonos S2 app.

Once the Sonos S2 app is downloaded, Open the Sonos S2 app and follow the prompts. This is one way of upgrading your Sonos system from S1 to S2 Sonos App.

Then you’ll be able to add product on the Sonos S2 app to add the Sonos Arc to the existing Sonos system.

Then you’ll have the option to set up your Sonos Play 5s as surrounds speakers to your Sonos Arc, separate individual music speakers, or stereo paired speakers.

In total you can either have any of the following set up:

• (Sonos Arc+ Sub) , (Play 5), and (Play 5).
  • (Sonos Arc+ Sub) and (stereo paired PLay 5s)
  • (Sonos Arc +Sub+ Play 5 (RS) + Play 5 (LS)

Please let me know if you have further concerns

Thanks,

Dear Paul

I just got the arc and updated all my sonos equipment to S2

if I group the arc with - in my case - two  ONEs  and a SUB as home theatre, would I then need to manually ungroup the whole thing and re-group the ONEs with the SUB to just play music as stereo speakers as they were before the arc addition? Or (as I would hope) is there a way of saving the two different configurations separately and select the desired one depending on what I am listening (or watching)

Many thanks for your support!

Marco

I have the exact issue..hopefully Sonos or someone can answer this. 

There is no way provided to have two separate configurations. Many people go in to the settings for the surround speakers and set them to ‘full’ rather than ‘ambient’, so they act as stereo speakers, not just support speakers to the Arc. Note that you can also adjust their volume in comparison to the Arc in the same area. You can not, however, suppress the Arc in favor of only playing the surrounds.