Arc plus 2 Subs - Anyone experienced it yet?

• 31 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’ve just bought an Arc and connected it to my existing Sub Gen 2 and two play 5 rears.  I’ve also just bought a 75” Sony TV with eArc and I’m pondering the purchase of a second new Gen 3 sub. My room is 7m x 7m and has a 3m ceiling.

Before I commit to this, just wondering if anyone else has bought a second sub and if there’s much of a difference?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

With a room that size, a second Sub would make a pretty significant difference. If possible, put one Sub in one corner of the room and the other in the opposite corner on the other side of the room.

Badge +1

Which, spookily, is where they will be placed.  I’d already put a spare Gen 2 sub in the opposite corner (same wall) before realising it needs to be a Gen 3.

I’ve only listened to content via Sky Q and Netflix so far and not been blown away by the upgrade to the Arc.  Probably just not found the right film yet.