Arc or Beam?

• 2 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a sound base, sub and two Play 1’s for my home theater in a living room that is approx 14 x 18 feet. One 18 foot side is open to a dining room. Equipment yeahI am about to wall mount a 75” tv and want to hang a sound bar and move the sound base to another room. We sit 13 feet from the screen which will be 75-80 inches. Should I buy an arc or a beam? Please explain why you advise one or the other. Thank you fellow Sonos enthusiast. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’d recommend the Arc, given the size of the room, and the size of the TV. You’d get the potential added benefit of Atmos, on content that carries it. 

Userlevel 7

@soarenti Do you primarily stream movies or watch movies from Blu-ray discs?

Stream

Userlevel 7

Like @Airgetlam, I would also recommend the Arc primarily because it is a larger soundbar with more drivers so it will give you a more immersive surround experience in your room. But because your seating position is 13 feet away from where the Arc will be, don’t expect to hear much of a height effect from the upward firing speakers when you watch Dolby Atmos content. Also because one side of your room is open to the dining room, expect the surround effect from the side firing speakers to be stronger on the other side of the room.