Answered

ARC no sub but are surround speakers worth it or a waste?

• 29 May 2021
  • 3 replies

There’s no location in my space for a sub woofer but wondering if surround speakers like SL’s are worth it or a waste of time.  Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 May 2021, 20:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Surround speakers are definitely worth it to get a true surround sound experience. The Arc alone does a pretty good job using its drivers to create a virtual surround effect, but nothing replaces actual physical speakers behind you. Listening to music on the Arc with surround speakers sounds so much better too.

Thanks guitarsuperstar.  I’m going to make room for the sub woofer and try and make my living room a movie watching experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The ability to place the Sub almost anywhere in the room is something often overlooked. Folks have laid it flat under the couch and been quite happy with it. Try different spots, TruePlay in each spot before testing if possible.

I gave my Arc a quick listen alone, with the sub, with surrounds and with both and the combined set really sounds much better to my ears.

My issue was placing the surrounds, I got them up but they are probably in the worst possible position, both together in a corner butfacing different directions. Still sounds better than no surrounds.