Advice required for Sonos Move

• 4 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi I m thinking of purchasing the Move for my dance classes I run in a hall venue. I currently use a JBL Flip 5 but the volume output does not fill the space now is it loud enough. 

Would the Move work well for this application?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

I think you will hear a noticeable improvement with the Move over the JBL. The Move will get louder and give you more bass. It is also a much larger speaker but has a handle that makes it easy to carry. But I do recommend getting a carrying case for the Move for protection and to make it easier to transport.

Here is a side-by-side comparison:

https://www.rtings.com/speaker/tools/compare/sonos-move-vs-jbl-flip-5/1721/7026?usage=10159&threshold=0.10

Thank you!

You don’t work for Sonos do you? 

Is this your unbiased opinion?

Userlevel 7

Thank you!

You don’t work for Sonos do you? 

Is this your unbiased opinion?

No, I don’t work for Sonos. I’m going by my own personal experience with the Move and the technical specs and comparison from the link I posted.

I think the Move is a great speaker. If I was a dance teacher, I would use the Move for my classes.

Thank you kindly… I was also considering the UE Boom, but it’s too cumbersome, not easily portable. Also checked out Sony XG500?? I know nothing about that product, although Sony should be good?