Answered

Adding turntable to my system

• 16 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi.  Bit of a technology dinosaur here. I’m looking to add a turntable to my current Sonos system (bridge, play:1 and play:3). What is the most cost effective route?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 16 December 2023, 14:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Since you have a Bridge, are you on S1? If so your choices are a bit limited as new gear now is S2 compatible only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If you upgrade to S2, a speaker with Line-in or Bluetooth input will be needed, together with turntable with preamp output or Bluetooth output. 

Another maybe is the Victrola streaming turntable- a quick search should reveal details about it. 

In looking at my system on the sonos app, the bridge is my only s1 product. What would I replace that with to upgrade to s2? In doing so, am I opening up more options for a turntable?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could lose the Bridge and run Sonos from your wifi, or replace it with the (soon to be discontinued) Boost.

Or run the cable that currently goes to that BRIDGE to one of your speakers, which would then act as both the speaker and the BRIDGE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You might look at a used Connect, make sure it will run S2 though.

The Bridge is really old tech that gets odd problems and should go in any case.