Question

Adding speakers to home threater

• 16 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi I already have a play bar, sub, and Sonos play1 (2) for surround sound….I would like add some Ikea lamps with Sonos speakers….can I do that in the same room?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can put the Symfonisk lamps in the same physical room if you wish, but not in the same Sonos room if you have bonded the Play:1’s to the Playbar, as two surrounds are the limit. You would have to unbond the Play:1’s before adding the symfonisk speakers into the HT setup.

Nothing stopping you however have additional speakers in the same (actual) room in the home, either ‘standalone’ or as a ‘stereo pair’. The speakers can all group together too for music playback in perfect sync.

You may likely find though, a slight audio (lip-sync) delay if grouping all for TV audio playback, but there are tools in the App, like ‘TV Dialog Sync" which may help in some cases to bring some TV stereo audio playback into sync.

I use other speakers alongside my HT setup, from time to time, but mostly I use them all together for music playback.