Adding a new stereo pair of sonos speakers to a different room

• 3 January 2022
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

I have a stereo pair, play bar and sub in lounge that use to play tv and music through. I have an additional stereo pair I wanted to set up in another room. I got them working playing music from my app but it shut down my lounge stereo pair in the process.  How do I set it up so when I want to play music in a different room or through a tv in that room it doesn’t shut off my stereo pair in the lounge please 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

hi @JTZ I would suggest to check the grouping of your speakers - most likely they are all grouped with the playbar and sub

Thank you, I will have a look at the groupings - it wont let me select the group at the moment on the app, but if I plug them in again in the room I want them to be in it might find them then for me to select a different group.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you also confirm what speakers you have assigned to which room name? You may have enabled/disabled Autoplay or Ungroup on Autoplay in room settings. 

Sonos ones stereo pair assigned to family room and the new a pair or ones too.  Thank you for your help 

You have called both rooms Family Room? If so, then rename one of them. 

If you want to play both rooms then just group them.

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have managed to set it up under a different name and understand it.  I just dont know now how to connect the two stereo one’s to the LG soundbar which I have on a separate TV in that room.  I don’t know if you can attach the sonos one product to a different soundbar make?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply.  I have managed to set it up under a different name and understand it.  I just dont know now how to connect the two stereo one’s to the LG soundbar which I have on a separate TV in that room.  I don’t know if you can attach the sonos one product to a different soundbar make?

You can only use the Ones with a Sonos soundbar. They won’t work with the LG one.