Answered

4K Amp / surround setup

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m new to Sonos and thinking of getting and arc or beam along with a Sonos amp to power my current non Sonos in ceiling speakers. 

Firstly is the amp compatible with 4K TVs?

Secondly, would I connect the beam / arc to the tv with hdmi and the amp wirelessly (apart from current speakers)?

Finally, I gather my current subwoofer won’t work with the surround using the amp but would the Sonos sub work?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 February 2021, 22:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you got the Arc or Beam, it would connect directly to your TV via HDMI ARC or eARC. You would then use the Amp to power your ceiling speakers and add them to the Arc or Beam wirelessly as rear surrounds. The Sonos Sub can be added to this setup to complete your 5.1 (or 5.1.2 with the Arc) setup.

Thanks @GuitarSuperstar thats really helpful. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The Amp doesn’t do video in/out. The HDMI ARC is only for audio and any video sources you have connect directly to the TV. So it doesn’t matter if you TV is 1080p/4K or 8K really. All you need is HDMI ARC for sound.