Answered

40% Coupons

• 11 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Badge +1

People on Reddit have been saying they are receiving 40% coupons for any Sonos product. Sounds like it’s directed to long time sonos customers. Anyone know what the criteria are?  Or anything about this?

icon

Best answer by Northfarm 12 September 2023, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Badge +2

I'm from Spain and I have never received a discount coupon in several years. A 40% would be very useful.

Badge +1

Leaving for a trip to Spain in 4 weeks!  But yes, the discount would be great!

Userlevel 7

I suggest you contact Sonos sales. They would know if the rumor is legitimate or a hoax. The only other plausible explanation is that someone was given a 40% coupon code for a specific reason and they posted it on Reddit. If that is the case Sonos will most likely void the code. 

Badge +1

I'll do that. It's quite a number of people making the claim in the Sonos Reddit. 

Userlevel 7

It's quite a number of people making the claim in the Sonos Reddit. 

That makes me even more suspicious as to the legitimacy of the 40% discount. However I could be wrong. If I am l’ll be calling Sonos sales. LOL 😂 

Badge +1

I was skeptical as well….it was this post below.  Is he really a Sonos employee…who knows!  I emailed Sales.  Message says it could take them forever to get back to me  

u/KeithFromSonos avatarKeithFromSonos

Sonos Employee

6h

Every so often we do these targeted promotions - but we generally do not share how folks are selected. 🤫 

What I can say is to be (or stay) subscribed to marketing emails. 

Oh, one more thing - all codes have been distributed. So if you haven't got a code at this point, then unfortunately you weren't selected.

u/keithfromsonos

Social & Community Manager @ Sonos

1,858 karma·215 days on Reddit

How do you contact Sonos sales? I'm part of a Facebook group of Sonos users and multiple people also confirm that they received 40%

Badge +1

I sent an email. You can also call. https://www.sonos.com/en-ca/contact

i tried to post something here from the Reddit stream but it said it need to go through moderators. A guy on the stream u/Keithfromsonos says he works for Sonos and all codes have been sent at this time. Who knows. 

I was skeptical as well….it was this post below.  Is he really a Sonos employee…who knows!  I emailed Sales.  Message says it could take them forever to get back to me  

Yep! I’m really an employee 👋🏽😁

Badge +1

Was kind of hoping you weren’t really….holding out for a chance at one of those coupons. 😰

Would love to get a 40% code as well! 

Badge +1

My message back from sales was basically- too bad so sad and we don’t divulge criteria for these types of things. Wasn’t helpful. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

My message back from sales was basically- too bad so sad and we don’t divulge criteria for these types of things. Wasn’t helpful. 

I posted that e-mail response from the Sonos employee on Reddit, but I was not the one who asked Sonos. The codes are real and the discount is probably the best that Sonos has ever offered, as the discount applies to an entire order, not just a single product as is the case with the upgrade credits.

While I fully understand that a company can do largely what it likes with regards to sales, marketing and customer engagement (as long as they are doing nothing illegal), I personally think Sonos should be considering this action carefully for two reasons:

1. This particular situation is causing discord between members of the ownership community, because the generosity of the offer is becoming apparent, and there is a growing feeling of resentment between the “have” and “have-nots”. Not knowing why the discount is being offered, and the conjecture around that, is adding fuel to that discord. Some are considering (rightly or wrongly) that the very generous offer is going to S1-ecosystem holdouts, who may not be as deserving as they didn’t buy their way out of the legacy products “crisis” as many [more loyal?] owners did...so why are they being rewarded?
  2. Some have discovered that the single code can be used multiple times in Sonos’ ecommerce platform by merely changing one letter of the code. As such, some are using the code for themselves, testing which letter change makes a new valid codes, and then selling those to the “have-nots”. The potential is that it is either: (a) making the generosity of the offer even greater for those that received it, and possibly damaging Sonos’ bottom line because the cumulative volume of discounts they intended will be far exceeded; or (b) those new valid codes are actually codes that have legitimately been issued to others, but their use is depriving Sonos’ discount targets because the codes have been redeemed beneath them.

If this has gotten out of hand (which appears to be the case), I think this will not auger well for a company that is already financially struggling, as demonstrated by their falling star price and recent layoffs.

Over to you Sonos...

I got a 40% code pop-up months ago - honestly dont remember if the pop-up came  when opening the app or when logging in to the sonos.com account. Unfortunately I just discovered that it ran out 31 october 2023 🙄