3 or 1

• 16 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi. Thinking of adding to my system to incorporate the kitchen. Reasonably large kitchen and debating between a single play 3 or 2 play 1 for stereo pairing. Any suggestions as to which option may be best?. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +3
Hi. Thinking of adding to my system to incorporate the kitchen. Reasonably large kitchen and debating between a single play 3 or 2 play 1 for stereo pairing. Any suggestions as to which option may be best?. Thanks.

2x play:1 is better stereo. I am thinking about 1 play:1 or 1 play:3 for a medIum size room
2x play:1 is better stereo.
And also as independent but grouped zones in a large room.
I put a single play 1 in the kitchen and it’s more than enough. Kitchens are accoustically loud, due to usually non-carpeted floors, counters, pots/pans, flat reflective surfaces and a lack of sound-absorptive furniture.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I really appreciate stereo sound over mono so I'd go with a pair of whatever you like in the Play 1 or 3 line, the Play 5 does a good job of providing a stereo sound from a single device so I wouldn't say no to a single 5 setup.