18.5 m^2 room: Play 5 for music and Beam for TV.

• 29 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I want to buy Sonos for my living room, for music and TV(movies).

• My room living room has 18.5 m^2,
  • good music-listening experience is more important for me,
  • i don’t need 5.1 surround system

I chose to buy:

• Play 5 for music, in the future I wanto to buy second one, for stereo and even better music quality,
  • Beam for TV.

What i think:

I know 5’s and beam won’t play together, even though I find it good choice for my 18.5 m^2 living room, to have best music-listening experience and decent sound from TV. 

Question: 

Is that a wise to buy such a setup as I chose? Or is there natural better option from Sonos speakers?

Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @maciej_szulc, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up so that we can assist you with this concern. If you‘ll have the Sonos Beam plus two Play 5’s you can have it grouped so it will play contents on your TV or when switching to music. Since it’s not a home theater 5.1 set up, you can easily group and ungroup the speakers to have it all playing the same content together using the Sonos App. We can also wait for recommendations and feedback from other Sonos community users who may have the same kind of desired set up that you would like to have. 

Keep me in the know with the advice above. Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.