Answered

Adding a CD player to existing Sonos/Turntable set up

• 3 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Currently have a Rega turntable with Rega Phono Mini connected to a Play 5 Line in using RCA cables

i want to add a CD player to the set up (either with integrated amp or a separate amp)

Can anyone suggest the best way to do this - do I go down the RCA switch route (2 in - Turntable and CD player 1 out - to Play 5 ) or is there a better way of connecting to the 5 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 January 2024, 01:37

View original

2 replies

The RCA switch is the option that many choose to go for, or better still buy another Sonos product with a separate line-in. My thoughts are to get another Play:5 and set them up as a stereo pair and have a line-in to each speaker and play the TT/CD audio to both speakers with greater stereo separation in the room.

Hi

I know this is a bit late and I don’t want to spam up the forum but I we sell a CD player called Helix that is designed to play to Sonos.

Basically once Helix is on the Wifi network you pick a Sonos speaker or zone from the Helix front panel and use it like a regular CD player. There is no wiring to do.

Here is a picture

It has a few more features that you can find more about here. It works with all Sonos and Ikea speakers.

Martin Brennan