Question

Sonos - HD Fury Arcana

• 1 November 2020
  • 6 replies

I have an Apple TV 4K, a Sonos Arc, a sub gen 1 and two play 5s gen 3 and a Samsung smart tv with an arc connection but no e arc connection. I purchased a hd Fury Arcana to get Dolby Atmos from the Apple TV. The Arcana is connected to the Apple TV, the outputs from the arcana go to in the case of the arc connection the Sonos Arc and in the case of the HMI connection to the Samsung TV. For some reason I get no sound out of the play 5s (the rear speakers on the home theatre set up) either from the tv or for music - any suggestions as to why this might be?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Does the rear surround works without the Arcana? Arcana should not cause that sort of problems. 

Does the rear surround works without the Arcana? Arcana should not cause that sort of problems. 

Agreed - and if the surrounds are not working for music sources it definitely isn’t anything to do with the Arcana.

I spent yesterday trying to fix the issue. Everything works as it should until I connect the Arcana between the Apple TV and the Arc. At that point the Arc works brilliantly but the sub and the rear speakers cut out (even for music). I’m not sure what the problem is so I have removed the Arcana.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@simon mark When the Arcana is connected, what does the Sonos app indicate at the About my system? Is it 2.0?

Yes 2.0

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@simon mark 

I suggest you join the HDfury Discord channel to get tech support from them. Details in their website.