Sonos Beam disrupts the TV picture periodically with black out of TV

• 13 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Sonos Beam disrupts the TV picture periodically with black out of TV. The TV and speaker will be working well and then the TV will have two black outs where picture goes away. Between first and second black out the sound gets distorted. If we disconnect the sound bar TV works perfectly.  We replaced the HTMI cable and still have the same problem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Since this isn’t a common problem with other Beams, it leads me to think there may be something going on with the CEC data hub in the TV. Have you checked the TV for software updates, and applied them? I’d also be tempted to reboot the TV itself, by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes.

But if that doesn’t do anything, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like a TV problem, what signal is it getting at the time? What TV?

As Bruce says, checking for a firmware update for your TV is a good step.

Also if your source is high bandwidth (eg 4k60, 4k120) you must use an HDMI cable certified for that amount of data (18Gbps or 40GBps respectively) else picture blackouts like this will indeed happen.