Sonos Amp (S16) disassembly?

• 15 November 2020
  • 2 replies

A friend asked me to repair the ac connector that snapped off on his Sonos AMP. I am USUALLY pretty adept at learning how to take something apart, but wow………..this thing is a beast. Looks like there were attempts made before me too. Easy fix, just need some assistance in how to get it open.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @josh1095, welcome to the Sonos community, and thank you for letting us know about your concern. We understand that you wanted to help out a friend to fix the Sonos Amp but it’s not recommended due to the high voltage and potential danger that it may cause to you. As our first priority is always the safety of the users. You may reach out to our Sonos Customer Care for further assistance to check out of warranty and loyalty options and recommendations regarding this concern.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

A friend asked me to repair the ac connector that snapped off on his Sonos AMP. I am USUALLY pretty adept at learning how to take something apart, but wow………..this thing is a beast. Looks like there were attempts made before me too. Easy fix, just need some assistance in how to get it open.

Thank you

The first step is often the hardest.

It’s not obvious, but there is a large black round sticker on the bottom.  Peel this sticker off and it will reveal some screws.  Once those are out, carefully pry the holey bottom from the sides of the case.  you should be able to remove it without cracking anything.  If you are careful when you remove the sticker, that can be reattached later.