Answered

Constant static and intermittent popping -- ARC (HDMI) / Apple TV 4K / LG CX TV (newest model)

• 29 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Purchased the ARC yesterday (vitals in topic title).

Static heard only from the right-hand side of the ARC -- it is constant, although intensity varies, and it seems more noticeable when music is playing. Popping has happened a few times, but it’s infrequent. I spoke with Sonos phone support and we completed troubleshooting. I’ve been advised to exchange the unit. Hopefully I will be able to exchange it later today for a unit that works correctly. Posting here to document this issue and to satisfy the faintest hope of mine that perhaps there’s some software setting issue that corrects this. Although, since the constant static seems to be isolated to the right-hand side speakers, I suspect this is a hardware issue. Any suggestions that aren’t too technical? I just want it to plug in and work. TV is brand new and updated. Apple TV 4K is updated. Not interested in PhD-level technical troubleshooting/research. (Shouldn’t be on the customer to do this.) No extra speakers or subwoofer. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by James L. 1 November 2021, 09:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +17

Hi @M_Snyder,

I, too, believe this to be a hardware issue.

You shouldn’t expect to experience static from either side of the Arc, and there is no software setting to correct this (unless the unfavourable sound is coming from a poor TruePlay tuning calibration, though very unlikely). 

Following through with the replacement should solve the issue for you, though please do let us know if this is the case :slight_smile:

Thanks James. I received an exchange from the store and the new unit is working beautifully! Very satisfied with the purchase.

Badge +17

Thanks James. I received an exchange from the store and the new unit is working beautifully! Very satisfied with the purchase.

That’s what I like to read! We’re always here if you need us for anything :slight_smile: