Answered

Connect AMP surround speakers stopped working.

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’ve been enjoying surround sound for over a year, but suddenly stopped working a few months ago. 

My Setup (Living Room):

• Playbar
  • Connect:Amp (LS+RS)
  • Sub
  • All devices wired through a switch that is connected to the router.
  • Full Audio on Music in surround settings.

I’ve gone to Settings > System > Living Room (Playbar) and removed the surrounds and they become a separate “Living Room” group, which now works fine and I can group them or play individually.

I’ve unplugged (all four) Connect:Amp’s and the Playbar and plugged them back in after 60 seconds and restarted the Sonos S2 app. I get a banner in the app to add surrounds with Connect:Amp and click it and it sets up as expected, but no sound. 

Diagnostic code (before surround setup): 551892727

Diagnostic code (after surround setup, playing radio): 1402672324

Hope somebody can help get my surrounds back again.

icon

Best answer by John B 19 November 2020, 13:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I am a bit puzzled by the mention of four Connect:Amps.  I assume only one of them is positioned for surrounds?

Experimentally and temporarily, can you wire the Playbar directly to the Connect:Amp?

Yes I have 4 amps, each powering different ceiling speakers with one of them powering the two speakers in the ceiling in the living room.

I noticed that the Playbar was setup in settings to connect via Wifi AND the ethernet cable at the back of the playbar wasn’t properly plugged in. Slightly embarrassing, but plugging it back in and setting it to connect via Ethernet fixed the problem!

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction :)