Answered

Adding music from a MyCloud share - error 900

• 1 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

I'm unable to add music folders from my NAS (MyCloudEX2Ultra) to my Sonos music library. I get a pop-up error message that incudes a link to Error 900. It suggests the issue is to do with the IRPStackSize. I've followed the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/106167/error-message-not-enough-server-storage-is-available-to-process-this-c and added the necessary entry to the registry with a stack size of 0x12 - gradually increasing it to that from the default value of 0x4. But I still get the same error message. (NB: the registry editor only gave me the option to add DWORD (32 bit value) whereas my system is 64bit Windows 10)

I'm not sure if this is a Sonos issue or MyCloudEX2Ultra. A couple of days ago I updated the operating system on the NAS from OS3 to OS5. Until then the Sonos was working fine with the networked shares in place.  They then ceased working. The update required reinstalling Plex and Twonky DNLA server. Plex continues to work fine, so access to my music & other audio is not lost. But it would be so much more convenient to add the folders separately, as I was able to do until recently.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? And solved it? Grateful for any advice/help

icon

Best answer by Kelvin Wonk 2 November 2020, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

It’s not uncommon for software updates for NAS devices to turn off SMB v1 as an option. You may want to double check that it is still set properly. 

Badge

Thank you for such a swift response. I’ve checked and SMB v1 was turned off. I’ve now turned it on, but unfortunately it hasn’t made a difference. I’ll now see what WD, the makers of the hard drive, have to say about the issue. If they can work some magic I’ll post the info here.

Charles

Well, step 1 completed. Oddly, I have had no issue so far on my admittedly older WD MyCloud device. I’d be interested in what you hear back, on the off hand chance mine ‘breaks’ as well. 

Badge

I seem to have sorted out this issue. In MyCloudEX2Ultra Settings > Windows services I've enabled: SMB protocol (SMB1, SMB2, SMB3), and LLTD (link layer topology protocol). But more crucially - not to say, bizarrely - putting a space after the share username when adding the share to my Sonos music library does the trick. Without that it denies me access even though adding a space after the username in the MyCloudEX2Ultra user interface denies me access to the interface! Odd!

By any chance you had the share set to be public? Tried the space trick and it didn’t work for me.

Badge

Yes; share set to Public

Ah in that case you don't need the user credentials entered in Sonos to add the share to the music library. I have mine set to Public at the moment and that works but that means my share is accessible to anyone on the network. I would prefer to have the previous setup where you need to enter credentials to access the share.

Badge

I tried various  permutations - no username/no password; username/no password (which used to work under OS3); username/password - but the username+space/password  was the only variation that worked. Perhaps it’s because OS5 on the MyCloudEX2Ultra now requires a password with the admin account whereas OS3 didn’t?

Badge

I'm unable to add music folders from my NAS (MyCloudEX2Ultra) to my Sonos music library. I get a pop-up error message that incudes a link to Error 900. It suggests the issue is to do with the IRPStackSize. I've followed the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/106167/error-message-not-enough-server-storage-is-available-to-process-this-c and added the necessary entry to the registry with a stack size of 0x12 - gradually increasing it to that from the default value of 0x4. But I still get the same error message. (NB: the registry editor only gave me the option to add DWORD (32 bit value) whereas my system is 64bit Windows 10)

I'm not sure if this is a Sonos issue or MyCloudEX2Ultra. A couple of days ago I updated the operating system on the NAS from OS3 to OS5. Until then the Sonos was working fine with the networked shares in place.  They then ceased working. The update required reinstalling Plex and Twonky DNLA server. Plex continues to work fine, so access to my music & other audio is not lost. But it would be so much more convenient to add the folders separately, as I was able to do until recently.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? And solved it? Grateful for any advice/help

I had the same issue - same devices and same scenario, after the upgrade to OS5.  What worked for me was changing the NT LAN Manager settings on the MyCloud device to include both NTLMv1 and NTLMv2.  Also with the change in OS i also went ahead and created a sonos user on the MyCLoud Device as I wasn’t sure with the new security settings if admin or no user would work.  I did however have the same issue initially even with the new sonos user created.  The NT LAN Manager settings appear to be what resolved my issue.  Hope it helps.