Answered

Zoneplayer S5 stopped working upon selecting Upgrade

• 30 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Any help on what seems like a now dead Zoneplayer S5?

I was using my Zoneplayer S5, and decided to click the Upgrade option for my System on the Sonos.com website. When I saw the 30% discount from a regular price wasn’t enough to attract me to upgrade, I decided not to upgrade. The next time I went to use my Zoneplayer S5, the lights were off, and I can’t get the unit to respond with any light. I have replaced the cable, and tried a factory reset, but I have not experienced the result expected. 

Does anyone if Sonos.com has a user agreement, currently or past Sonos, that had terms that allowed Sonos or its agents to artificially turn off or disable Sonos devices at their discretion or under conditions like an EOL? Wondering if Sonos Director, Corporate Counsel, Rebecca Schuster, or Sonos Chief Legal Officer, Eddie Lazarus, might be able to shed some light on the above question on the user agreement.

I just want my Zoneplayer S5 to work like it did right before I clicked that upgrade button on Sonos.com. 

Respectfully,

Jeff

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 October 2022, 22:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos or its agents has never turned off speakers at will, except for about a three week period when they first started the upgrade process. After that short period, they stopped the ‘turning off’ process, and now allow you to consume the upgrade discount without ‘turning off’ your traded in product. At the time, there were multiple legal agreement pop-ups during that process. 

That went away, as I’ve said, and now all they do is consume the upgrade associated with that product, but continue to allow the product to work.

it sounds like you may have a broken device, but only Sonos can be sure, you should contact them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This kind of paranoia on the forum is starting to bother me. “I have a problem, so there must be a conspiracy to defraud me of my possessions”. Come on!