Works 50% of the time

• 27 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I will never buy another Sonos product. I live in Panama, hence, I need to use a VPN for my Spotify. It is becoming more and more difficult to make this Sonos work. (I use NordVPN and I placed Sonos in the split tunneling)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What problems do you encounter?

Operation around a VPN is likely be troublesome, unless you can use split tunnelling and force the Sonos app to stay local for player interaction.

I tried that too. Many expats need a VPN. So Spotify needs VPN and Sonos that somehow uses Spotify does not work with VPN?… It is extremely frustrating as it sometimes, randomly functions...

What problems do you encounter?

When I turn it on, it offers me Sonos radio and my Spotify. When I pick Spotify and my Playlist, it states “Unable to add songs to the queue...”

There used to be a Sonos support article which said, in essence, that one needed to disable the VPN to use the controller app. Now a search comes up blank, so I guess it defaults to “unsupported”.

I suspect that getting this to work will depend on the granularity of the VPN options available.