Skip to main content

Hi, I use a sonos five at work. we have just moved office. the previous wifi net work was a normal password only network.

my new network at my new office has username and password enabled. I reset the sonos when we moved and it only asks for password during set up.

what can i do to get this set up?

I think all you need to do is wire the PLAY;5 to your new network with an Ethernet cable. Using the ‘network’ controls in the controller, you’d set the new SSID and password, per the new router - installation instructions FAQ.

However, if things on the network side have changed, and now requires you to ‘log in’ on a network page to access the Wi-Fi, Sonos doesn’t support that. 

not sure what you mean by ‘network’ controls in the controller

Sonos doesn’t support networks with a landing/login page.

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/sonos-system-requirements#:~:text=networks%20that%20use%20a%20portal%20login%20page

Maybe a travel router could work through this, but I can imagine complications. The controllers would need to be using the travel router’s WiFi, not the office WiFi. This would be mildly annoying, but probably workable. A big complication would be if the office WiFi wanted to be super secure and require a fresh login periodically.