Skip to main content

Been watching all the back and forth since May, but my speakers still aren’t syncing as they used to do.

Is a 10 second lag to be expected now, or is it on a long slide to be fixed sometime later this year?

Hi @botany 

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your speakers going out of sync.

I’m not clear, however, on whether you mean they are playing out of sync in a single room, out of sync in a group, or if the app is just showing a lot of latency?

In either case, I recommend a reboot of your speakers, your router, and of your phone. Please turn the speakers off first, reboot the router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds, and turn the speakers back on after WiFi returns.

If that does not help matters, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Though, if the issue is with the app alone, it may help to reset it: User icon » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset.

If you still have issues after all that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Been watching all the back and forth since May, but my speakers still aren’t syncing as they used to do.

Is a 10 second lag to be expected now, or is it on a long slide to be fixed sometime later this year?

It is extremely abnormal.  In fact, if only 0.001% of Sonos users were suffering this sort of crippled functionality, you wouldn’t be reading this post because the Community website would have crashed under the weight of complaints.

I am sure that if you follow @Corry P ‘s advice you will find a solution to your problem,