What is Sonos gonna give us in 2024?

• 8 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 101 replies

Good Evening to everybody🫶

Anyone heard any rumors of what Sonos will be release in 2024? When(date) are these items “suppose” to be announced? 
And what do you guys&girls thinks gonna come?

Be Well🙏

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Headphones. 3rd Q according to my buddy Patty S

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#Bumper

You really think Sonos going out of their “comfortzone” and give the general public a pair of headphones? Interesting.

There are many good headphones on the market today and i guess Sonos’s pair need to be special or they need to perhaps target us who are allready into the eco-system

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I would take a wild guess that they gonna offer the Era100/300 SL to make them a bit more affordable.

Or they could give us a new premium soundbar to keep up with the competition.

A Era 500 could allso be possible or an even smaller Era 50(tinyer than the Era 100)

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

#Bumper

You really think Sonos going out of their “comfortzone” and give the general public a pair of headphones? Interesting.

There are many good headphones on the market today and i guess Sonos’s pair need to be special or they need to perhaps target us who are allready into the eco-system

Yeah I do. From their earnings report a few days ago, something is coming:

“Mr. Spence continued, “We are just months away from announcing our highly anticipated new product in a multi-billion dollar category, which will be the first major milestone of our multi-year product cycle”

I want an amp gen2. But headphones I think would be very successful. 

#Bumper

Try googling “sonos rumors”.  While Sonos has made no official annoucements about it, headphones is quite a bit more than a random guess.

I would take a wild guess that they gonna offer the Era100/300 SL to make them a bit more affordable.

Or they could give us a new premium soundbar to keep up with the competition.

A Era 500 could allso be possible or an even smaller Era 50(tinyer than the Era 100)

SL versions make sense.  They certainly have done that in the past.

I don’t know what market a new soundbar would fit in, unless it replaces an existing soundbar.

I think an Era 500 is still a ways off.  I don’t think an Era 50 will happen as it competes with the ikea/sonos speakers...or just use a Roam.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#melvimbe

You might be right bout the Era 500,but as i now got a Ray i’m using in a small bedroom(LG32” has been orderd) it’s gonna need supportive surrounds for a prize-match. I think the One Gen2&Era 100 does not make sense. Before the Sub Mini was availible the Gen3 was out of the question to add to a $279 soundbar That’s why i suspect we will either see a Era 50 or Era 100/300 SL

The Roam does not support surround-config,but it could be interesting with a Roam WR(non battery version)

#melvimbe

You might be right bout the Era 500,but as i now got a Ray i’m using in a small bedroom(LG32” has been orderd) it’s gonna need supportive surrounds for a prize-match. I think the One Gen2&Era 100 does not make sense. Before the Sub Mini was availible the Gen3 was out of the question to add to a $279 soundbar That’s why i suspect we will either see a Era 50 or Era 100/300 SL

The Roam does not support surround-config,but it could be interesting with a Roam WR(non battery version)

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/symfonisk-sonos-wifi-bookshelf-speaker-black-smart-gen-2-20506584/

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#melvimbe

…i saw that coming😆😆😆.

Well,i was thinking more of a Sonos-product,and not a LEGO-shaped speaker,allthough it has been cheeper/prize reduced lately. Yes,it’s a good alternative(i’m a big fan of the Ikea Book Shelf). But sometimes the Lady of the house don’t fancy the shape(not for me,i’m single🤣🤣🤣) and  would like a speaker who can blend in a bit better.

Userlevel 7

Hi

IMO Sonos has already released a new product (although very quietly) in the eight (8) inch Architectural Speakers by Sonance. Please don’t get hung up on sematics by saying that the Architectural speakers by Sonance aren’t a Sonos product. 

You can’t buy those speakers direct from Sonance as the advanced technology in them is proprietary to Sonos. Sonos obviously decided not to re-invent the wheel by designing a product from the ground up; but instead use a reliable proven product infused with their technology. It’s a  partnership and for whatever reason Sonos has to acknowledge (in a roundabout way) that the speaker design is manufactured by Sonance. 

Often it boils down to economics. It becomes more cost-effective to use a competitors hardware rather than incur production/design costs that would price the product out of the market.

Did you know that LG is a major player in the OLED market, producing OLED panels for a wide range of applications, including TVs, smartphones, and monitors. Furthermore, Sony and Samsung buy their panels from LG. The only difference is that they (Sony and Samsung) don’t have to say “Sony/Samsung OLED TV by LG”

Well...enough on that 😊

Another mention in this thread was having Sonos release “SL” products to lower costs. As I recall the “Arc SL” cost reduction was only about $50 USD. Even that deal was exclusive to CostCo in the US. 

I posted a thread awhile back regarding the release of “SL” products when the Era 300 and Era 100 speakers were introduced. The conversation went off the rails; and it’s not worth re-hashing the specifics. 

Suffice it to say I still doubt very seriously that Sonos will market “SL” products given the physical security switch that was introduced with the Era series to negate the microphones for security/privacy. The integration of the security switch continued with the Move 2 which IMO suggests Sonos reluctance to introduce “SL” models.

Furthermore, I can’t see Sonos introducing “SL” models after investing monies in design/engineering to develop the physical switch for the privacy/security. I also believe (although I have no data on the subject) that the “SL” segment of the market for Sonos is very small and doesn’t negatively impact sales to a noticeable percentage. Furthermore as Sonos is a publicly traded company...investors would probably complain if their ROI was greatly reduced as a result of a decision not to produce a “SL” product.  Also, creating another SKU for the same product has a negative impact for on-hand inventory decisions and logistics.

Headphones have been a wish list product for quite some time. However (IMO) given that they would have to incorporate Spatial Audio in addition to wireless streaming...that ship may have already sailed. Even without streaming capabilities Sonos would most likely place themselves in direct competition with Apple’s AirPods Max which retail for $549_USD. Ouch! Not that comparisons of Sonos Era 100 speakers have not been made to Apple’s HomePod line already.  If Sonos could offer a set of cans with Spatial Audio and off-home WiFi streaming at an affordable price point ...well I’m all in. 

To close my thoughts for new and/or improved product releases are as followings (disregard the naming):

• Arc 2
  • Amp 2
  • Port 2
  • Five 2 (or Era???)
  • The very long shot...Sonos dedicated controller with Trueplay for S2 products and beyond
Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Sonos TV BABY LFG only if it’s $89.99 tho  

https://www.lowpass.cc/p/sonos-tv-device-interface-patent

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

#AjTrek1

I agree with you on the headphones,but personally…i never own a pair(i had a paiir of Apple Airpod Pro,but did not suit my ears keept falling out so i gave them away) but i’m not gonna look for a product like this at Sonos. If i purcase my first headphones i’ll go with the flow….Apple,Sony or Sennheiser will be my pick….or i’ll wait for feedback from people who buy Sonos headphones.

What will be an Arc 2? New amp’n drivers inside perhaps, but for christ sake not different colours….stick with the White&Black.

If there’s a design-change it will be the new volume-slider…that’s it. If not,it’s not gonna be called the Arc 2.

Yeah,averybody would like a “box” who can replace an soundbar up front like 3xEra 300(Left’n right front+center) but i don’t see that coming. I think more of amp with 4x125watt output and the new port with abillity to stream netflix,Disney and so on….but all we probobly will get is a volume-slider