Skip to main content

Want to do Multipule setups at an Sonos Event, but don't have internet excess ?

Hello all, 

Greetings’’ 

Want to do Multipule setups at an Sonos Event, but don't have internet excess , so what should I do ? 

Setup 1 

TV + Arc + Sub + 2 Sonos Five 

Setup 2 

In Celling Speaker - 2 Pairs , Outdoors Speakers - 2 Pairs , In Wall Speakers - 2 Pairs + Sonos Amp 2nos.

Setup 3

TV + Beam + Mini Sub + One SL on rear Wall 

My Questions are : 

1. What should I do to configure all my products ? is to through Some WIFI dongal ? and if yes is it advisable to do so. 
  2. There will be lot of disturbance and interference in terms of other brands and others wifi signal or network. 
  3. So what should i do to play all my Sonos products seamlessly when it comes to streaming from your iPad or any phone. 
  4. Do I have to do any cable setup ?   
  5. Please suggest some easy solution or setup, so that we can run the show.  
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Jasvans , welcome back! 🙂

As this is a Sonos event, I recommend you reach out to your Sonos representative for further guidance and support.

I hope everything goes great!

A quick solution for these SONOS units is to wire a travel router to a network switch and wire the units to the switch. WiFi only units such as ROAM and MOVE will need to fend for themselves. If you use any ERA units, make sure that you have a USB network adapter for each. Also make sure that you have an Internet connection available during initial system setup. This setup can be completed before you travel to the show site.

This will take care of the SONOS units, but I don’t know how your wireless pad/phone will deal with the heavy show interference. If the situation is very bad for the phone/pad, you could wire a computer to the switch. This will allow music play, but most setup options will not be available.