Skip to main content

Volume Automatically Lowering to 0

• 24 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently updated the app, as well as all of my software for the speakers in my house. Ever since then, my speakers will randomly reset the volume to 0 multiple times throughout the day, which then causes them to display a green light on top of the speaker. Is this happening to anyone else? Super annoying, especially in the middle of the night when the white noise in my kids room turns off and wakes them up. Need this fixed asap.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This just happened to my “Lounge” room following the latest update.

Moderator Note - Recorded and removed diagnostics number.

Yes, we are experiencing the same. Our office speaker (Play:1 generation) does exactly as you've described. Our other two speakers (Play:3 generation) also randomly decrease in volume, sometimes to zero, in fact one sets to -1.

Agree mighty annoying and the reason I came on here to see if others were experiencing the same. 

Guess I'll log a support request if there aren't any answers. 

App is also unexpectedly slow. 

Sonos got back to me and said they are aware of this issue, working on a fix, but no expected timeline yet.

Sounds like we just gotta sit tight and wait for a software update to fix it.

Sonos got back to me and said they are aware of this issue, working on a fix, but no expected timeline yet.

Sounds like we just gotta sit tight and wait for a software update to fix it.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the kids waking up. Not ideal for you or them 👍